Sunday, April 7, 2013

March 21, 2013

It was a Thursday morning, I had the feeling I was coming down with a cold- I felt blah! I cancelled who I was supposed to babysit that day. Miss Mary got on the school bus. I laid down to take a nap. At 12:26 I got the phone I never ever thought I would get. A phone call I never ever wanted to hear. It was my dear sister-in-law Shaleena. She told me "I have some bad news. Brian was in a car accident and he has passed." WHAT???? What????? My brother is dead? My brother is no longer here??? What? This really can NOT be happening. My heart LITERALLY broke in half and I will never be the same! Will and I then went to the school where my Dad teaches and we had to tell my Dad, that his son was no longer with us- this was terrible! We then spent the rest the day with my mom and dad. I can't believe the outpouring love we have felt from friends and family. There has been so many praying on our behalf, bringing food, sending cards, texting, making phone calls.... I can not thank you enough for the support and kind words and many prayers.
This is one of the hardest posts I have ever had to write!

I keep hoping I will wake up from this nightmare....

And I haven't. There is a hole in all our hearts and he will be missed greatly!

Love you and miss you so much! Until we meet again my dear brother!







2 comments:

Kar said...

Em, you're so brave to write this. But I think it will be cathartic and help you in the mourning process. I'm so sorry this happened to your family. Your family is the best one I know, and it breaks my heart that this happened to you guys. I've been praying for all of you every single night since I found out. And I'm so sorry I couldn't come to the memorial. Ben (unbeknownst to me) had signed up to set up chairs and tables at the church for the luncheon following the memorial, and it was right during the memorial and I didn't have anyone to baby-sit. I did make some potatoes for the luncheon, though. :) So I tried to help in some way. Love you tons, Em, and I'm so, so sorry. He seemed really fun and funny.

Hills said...

This post is beautifully done, I love the pics you put of him and the ones with you and him, brought tears to my eyes... again! Love you!