Sunday, March 16, 2014

Where Can I Turn for Peace?

This Friday is the 1 year anniversary of my brother, Brian passing away! I can NOT believe it's been a year! I had no idea how painful losing a sibling is, until we lost Brian- this hurts so bad! Some days I am stronger than others- or nights like last night and tonight- it is just as raw as it was the day I found out! 


I have had such a hard time the last couple days... I miss him so much! I miss his giggle, I miss his goofiness, I miss hearing his voice, I miss watching 24 with him, I miss his silly stories or jokes, I miss his laugh, I miss the games we played, I even miss the way he would sit down and eat a bag of chips... I miss him so much!!! 
I get angry sometimes thinking WHY??? Why did this happen. Why did he have to die so young? Why??? 
This hymn has really been on my mind. WHERE CAN I TURN FOR PEACE:
Where can I turn for peace? Where is my solace When other sources cease to make me whole? When with a wounded heart, anger or malice,
I draw myself apart, Searching my soul?

Where, when my aching grows, Where, when I languish, Where, in my need to know, where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand? He, only One.

He answers privately, Reaches my reaching In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend. Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching. Constant he is and kind, Love without end. 
--------------------------
I keep listening to this.... Such beautiful lyrics! "Who, who can understand? HE, ONLY ONE!...He answers privately, Reaches my reaching In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend. Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching. Constant he is and kind, Love without end"
I am sooo thankful for this gospel and the peace it brings! I am thankful for the knowledge that FAMILIES ARE FOREVER!  I will see my brother again! And I can not wait to give him a hug!! My heart hurts so bad and yearns to talk and hug him again!
I love you Brian, and I miss you so much!

Listen to Where can I turn For Peace

No comments: