Friday, November 14, 2008

Changes

Emily suggested that I post the changes that have taken place in the last couple of days so she wouldn't have to explain to people what is going on. As I began working on the streets of Blackfoot as an officer I found that since Mary was born I have had several changes happen inside of me. All of my training and internship to become a police officer took place prior to the birth of Mary. During that time I enjoyed it and had no second thoughts of the danger, shift work, and all the time away from my family that would be spent working as an officer. However since Mary came along my feelings and priorities have changed. I can't imagine spending most holidays, Sundays and birthdays away from my family, nor can I risk placing them in harms way. After a lot of study, research, discussion and prayer we decided it was best for me and for our little family that I no longer pursue a career in law enforcement.
I hopefully will be working in the pharmacy again and possibly as an office specialist at ISP. I will be going back to school to obtain my degree and as of now I have selected to go pre-law, with the option of continueing to law school or also getting a teaching certificate in combination with the pre-law degree. This is a large change in our life, but one we approached in thoughtful prayer and one that we feel comfortable with.

Will

3 comments:

Hills said...

Good luck Will! And babies will do that to ya! Cute little things! We love you all and our prayers are with you all!

Gramma n Grampa said...

You have to follow your heart. Plus being a cop now days is way scary and I think it's just going to get worse!
Our prayers are with you also.

Jen & Randy said...

Good for you it is always hard to make changes but I think it is great if that is what you both want. Good Luck