Saturday, August 8, 2009

Reminiscing A LOT lately! (A NOVEL)

Since Mary turned one on the 27th of July - and August 8th was her original DUE date- i have been thinking A LOT about my pregnancy with her and my labor, and that last year! She is such a MIRACLE!!! Excuse me as i ramble off trying to get my thoughts written! Will and i fell so blessed to have sweet Mary Anne! We had been trying to get pregnant for like 3 1/2 years and tried all kinds of fertility pills and shots- and NOTHING- They actually told me i was most likely infertile and I would need to see a Fertilty Specialist- and/or think about adoption-
Well like 2 weeks later i randomly decided to take a test- IT WAS POSITIVE!!!! I was shocked! And amazed- and scared that i wouldn't carry the baby full term! Well 9 Months later i looked like this picture below!

This picture was taken exactly ONE week before she was born! During my pregnancy I was sick (nausea and puking) the WHOLE TIME! Near the end i was swelling up like a balloon! Hence the balloons all over my feet! My feet hurt so bad and were sooooo fat! I don't think i ever shared the labor/delivery story so i will tell it now:
Saturday the 26th of July 2008 I had been in the hospital the night before cause i THOUGHT my water broke- and i was haveing HIGH blood pressure! Well they sent me home with AMbien in my system! KNOCKED ME OUT. WEll i slept for a while that day then around like 2 we went to a family reunion- That whole day i was haveing contractions that just felt like pressure and thats about it- I went to bed that night and at 3:00AM A contraction hit me HARD! I knew it was time! It was hurting soooo bad! Si Will took me to the hospital at about 4:00am is when we got there! I was only dialted to a 1 so they said they were just going to keep an eye on me for a couple hours and if no progress they were going to send me home!
They came in at 6:00AM and checked me- I was dialated to a 3- so they decided to admit me! We decided to call my Mom at that time! At about 7:00AM they started me on the pit- just to speed things up a tiny bit! THe cntractions were starting to get really hard and painful! I have no tolerance for pain- My mom and Will had to keep reminding me to BREATHE- Cause i seriously would jsut STOP! WEll at about 8:15 I asked for an epidural- and it was about 9:00 AM before the epidural was working! THAT WAS WONDERFUL! I love epidurals! talk about a LIFE SAVER!! So then By then my Mom, Dad, Jeff, Tami, Terry, and of course Will was all there visiting me as i was in and out of sleep! At 11:30 Am I started feeling very uncomfortable pressure! i thought the baby was going to fly out any minute- it was so weird! I made my Mom go get the nurse to check me and i was at a 7! So she said she would be back in an hour! Well at 12:00Pm I was like seriously i want to push this feels so weird! So she checked me again and I was at a 8 and 1/2 and she broke my water that time on accident. AFter the water broke i was feeling constant pressure and felt like i needed to push ( kind of a sensation like you have to poop!) At 12: 40ish I made the nurse check me and as she was checking me she said it was a 9- but she helped it become a 10! I was COMPLETE and she told me to push now when i felt the urge and she would call the DR.! Well the Dr got there and after some pushing- Mary was born at 1:03 PM on July 27, 2008!!! I can not even explain the overwhelming love, happiness, nerve racking joy i felt at this time! The most amazing feeling ever!! She weighed in 5 lb 15 oz 20 inches long!
So about 10 hours of labor! 6hours without an epidural and 4hours with the wonderful stuff! and about 20 minutes of pushing! No complications! I could not ask for a easier time!!!

Beautiful baby girl and such a miracle! WE love her so much and can't imagine life without her!!!!!

I think this was before the epidural- you can see my Moms hands on mine comforting me- I love that~

Just a newborn!!!

So pretty - In the hospital!

1 Month Old

2 Months Old

3 Months Old

4 Months Old

5 Months Old

6 Months Old

7 Months Old

8 Months Old

9 Months Old

10 Months Old

11 Months Old

One Year Old
She now weighs 17 lb 14 oz and is 27 inches long!
She is about exactly 12 pounds and 7 inches from what she was at birth!!!

Mary is such a blessing and Will and I are so very thankful for her and love her very much!!

11 comments:

Hills said...

That is special!!! She is a miracle. Thanks for sharing the story.

The Watson's said...

You are a sweet Mommy! It is fun to reminise about babies. It is fun to go back and write the stories of delivery too! Mary is such a cutie! I love her! She is so fun! Epidurals are great! It is wonderful to feel that relief!!!

The Dillons said...

How cute is she! That is a fun story to hear about too, I am glad it wasn't very difficult! You do have such a miracle! Love ya

Richard and Carolyn said...

Mary is truly a miracle and you are a wonderful mother. I love your little family and I am so glad that Mary is here!!!

Audra said...

She is such a sweetie! I am so glad she was born healthy and without any complications.

Patty said...

Mary is a doll. I never knew her birthing story, thanks for sharing that, Em.

Eric and Kortnee Johnson said...

Such a cute story!
And thank you for the comment on my page! I think we came up with a name!
Jaylee Jean Johnson :) We'll see tho! We might change our mind later on! Hope all is great!

Natalie said...

What a sweet post! You are such a great mom and Mary is just so adorable! Glad you shared this with us!

Scott, Kasie, Payton and Emmett said...

She is such a miracle!! Thanks for sharing the story!! Mary is adorable!!! I'm so happy for you and your little family! :)

Anonymous said...

Mary is such a cute girl! I didn't realize you had a hard time getting pregnant! I'm glad you were blesed with Mary. Kids are so much fun!

Kar said...

She is such a teeny weeny! So light and petite! I had no idea that you had trouble getting pregnant. What a blessing that you were able to have Mary. I love labor and delivery stories. Next time, get the epidural ASAP! Those are my feelings! You were brave to go as long as you did without it! I adore epidurals. And you were a really cute pregnant lady! You look adorable in that picture of you on the couch.