Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good!


This is a picture that was saved from the Tabernacle in Provo, UT - all was burnt except Christ! Amazing! I get chills whenever I look at this!

Monday morning I went to a sweet lady's funeral! Her name is Betty Anthony- Her grandkids are VERY dear to my heart! When I lived in Firth I was in her and her family's ward! We grew very close to them and I miss them everyday and get very excited when I get to hang out with them! Anyway Grandma Anthony is an amazing woman! She was always so worried about if everyone was comfortable around her! When Will and I would be around for dinners, sunday meals, or baby blessing, etc... she would always pay attention to Will and I and ask a questions and get to know us , and would constantly ask us if we need anything to eat or drink! She was sweet! It was so fun to go to her funeral and hear all the stories, and life sketch! She was remarkable!
It made me think of all my remarkable grandparents that have all passed on - on my side! I have been pretty teary all week since we sang the song "Each Life that Touches Ours For Good" It is one of my favorites! I miss all my grandparents so much and I have definitely realized what a huge impact they are in my life! It makes me want to be stronger and live righteously so they can look on and see what a beautiful legacy they have left behind!
Here are the lyrics to this wonderful song- that literally make me cry EVERY TIME I hear it!

Each life that touches ours for good
Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord.
Thou sendest blessings from above
Through words and deeds of those who love.

What greater gift dost thou bestow,
What greater goodness can we know
Than Christ-like friends, whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.

When such a friend from us departs
We hold forever in our hearts
A sweet and hallowed memory,
Bringing us nearer, Lord, to thee.

For worthy friends whose lives proclaim
Devotion to the Savior's name,
Who bless our days with peace and love,
We praise thy goodness Lord above.


I miss my Grandma and Grandpa Bright (I never knew my Gpa Bright here on earth but I cant wait to be back with him!)And I miss my Grandma and Grandpa Luckau!!!

My Grandma Bright and I!

My Grandpa Luckau and us!

My Grandma Luckau, my dad, Mary, and I!!

Brandonism: When we were in Provo last week he kept saying over and over " I want to go see Grandma" "MOm I want to go see Grandma" " MOm I want to go see Grandpa" and so on...Then my Mom said "Brandon- We dont have any grandparents anymore to see" And Brandon in a kind of high pitched, concerned voice said "That makes me sad" Pretty cute and precious if you ask me!

4 comments:

Richard and Carolyn said...

Oh Em... that is a sweet post! Your grandparents loved you very much too!!

Kar said...

It's so fun to see people whose grandparents were such a big part of their lives. My grandparents were always kind of aloof. What a blessing to have them so close to you.

Abby said...

wow that picture is amazing!!
Little Mary seems like a sweet little girl.. i liked how she put her baby's crib next to hers.. haha. so cute.

Hills said...

That is a sweet post and I love the pics! Brandon saying "That makes me sad!" oh how cool is that? Love him!