So in February Will and I found out we were pregnant! This was exciting news as we have been trying for quite sometime and were on fertility pills! We were due 10/18/2012 and VERY excited!! Well last week on Wednesday March 21, we found out we had miscarried! :( this has been pretty devastating to me and Will! It is truly amazing how you can love something soooooo little and in such a little time period- I have loved Baby #2 since the moment positive showed on that pregnancy stick (well those sticks, we took 3 of them to see if we were really seeing POSITIVE) The church has no doctrine really that states when a spirit enters a body, or say embryo! So this is my personal belief! **I believe that spirits enter the body as soon as the heart beats- I just can't comprehend how in the world a little fetus/embryo could move, have neurological, cardiac, and other systems work without a SPIRIT in there... When us adults or "human" alive - and our spirits leave the body what happens? The body shuts down and stops! nothing works- So that is why I believe that the spirit enters the moment the heart beats! So for me to find comfort during my miscarriage I have relied on the faith that I will get to raise this sweet baby #2!
Wednesday morning when I woke up and knew something was not right, I still tried to have hope that everything was still ok. Will was worried sick! When we were in the Dr's office I was starting to feel very sick! (lightheaded, nausea,) I was just feeling nasty- I knew I had lost the baby! I was devastated! I was bawling, feeling really crappy, and my blood pressure sky rocketed!! I was so glad Will was with me at the dr.'s! they had us go for an ultrasound immediately! And when they started - we saw the baby- and never saw the sweet heart beating :( It is so hard to look up at a screen and see a TINY baby in there with no life! Especially since 3-4 weeks earlier we saw the heart beat beating perfectly! I believe that is when it hit Will! He was DEVASTATED! As he should- That was his precious baby that we were looking at with no life! We were then scheduled for a D&C little later that day (which those things are kind of painful afterwards! Thank goodness for pills to knock you out!)... I can't believe how hard and sad this miscarriage has been to me! BUT we have some INCREDIBLE outstanding support from many friends and family! I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am for everything everyone has done! We had so many offers for meals being brought in! Our friends Adam and Emily brought a meal and some beautiful daisies! my friend Kar brought upside down pineapple cake (YUMMY) and daffodils! Kristin came over just to hug me! Kim brought me beautiful Tulips and visited me for a little bit! Christy and Lynn brought us homemade Oreo cookies... The list goes on... We are so thankful for all the love and support we have received for this sad time in our lives!
 |
| Beautiful Daisies from Adam and Emily! |
 |
| Beautiful Daffodils from Kar! |
 |
| Beautiful Tulips from Kim! |
 |
| Down Memory Lane- We found out on 2/11/12 |
 |
| Cute little tiny pea! This was the first ultrasound where we SAW the heartbeat! Taken on 3/1/12 |
8 comments:
Em, it's so brave of you to share your loss. Praying for comfort for you & Will for all the sadness you've had recently!
Oh Em. So sorry to hear your news. You are an incredible woman and an excellent mother. I think you're right about getting to raise your Baby #2.
We're thinking of you.
Love you Em! And yes, I totally think you will be able to raise baby #2...how could it be otherwise??
Oh my goodness Emily. This just breaks my heart. I'm sending prayers and my love to you. Find comfort in knowing you'll get to raise that little baby someday. I believe that too!! You're an amazing person. Hang in there.
Em, you are so brave to share this. And I'm so, so, so sorry this happened to you. Like I've said before, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. It's a horrible, devastating thing to go through. Thinking and praying for you always.
I am so sorry!
Emily and Will,
I am so sorry about your loss. Kim told me and I just haven't known what to say. I'm praying that you'll find peace and comfort at this difficult time. Hang in there!
I am still thinking about you, Will, and Mary! Love you all and sad you had to go through this!
Post a Comment