I am so grateful for family!! I have been thinking a lot about my little family- and I am in love with them!! Will is my best friend and he is MY husband! He is doing as much as he can to provide for our little family! He works and goes to school and is a very hard worker! He is very compassionate, understanding, and very caring! ( he is like an M&M- comes across hard on the outside- but soft in the inside--and YUMMY too hehe ;) ) I am thankful for him and what he has and is doing for our family- I am sooooo thankful for Mary- she is my best friend- and i love her so much! Life would not be the same without her. She is (like i have said many times) our miracle baby and we are so lucky to have her! she brightens my day EVERYDAY! She is pretty hilarious! (Post on Maryisms to come)
I am thankful for the gospel! Without that in my life i dont know where i would be! I am very grateful for the knowledge and understanding of the Plan of Salvation! It is very mind boggling if i think to deep about it- but i am thankful for it! I am thankful for the leaders/prophet/apostles etc... and for their testimonies and words they speak to us! It is amazing to me that they seem to say what i need to hear in that time of my life! I am very excited for conference this weekend!
I am thankful for the Temple and the blessings that come from that! I am excited to be with Will and our family for ETERNITY!
I am thankful for my parents and siblings! We are a very close family and they are all my best friends! Its a guarantee great time when they are around! I love every single one of them and am VERY grateful for their love and support!

I am thankful for my sweet Grandma Luckau! She is not doing so well lately- and Aubrey and i get the opportunity to take care of her for a couple weeks! She is a strong women- always has and always will! She has always been example to me! I know she has a testimony of the scriptures, church, prayer, etc... I think she has made her testimony known to all her children and grandchildren - not only through words- but through example!
As hard as it is to face i know her life is coming to an end! and it breaks my heart to write that sentence out! I am not saying its going to happen today, it could be a day, a week, a month, etc WHO KNOWS- but i know it is near- What a bittersweet thing to be the one with her all day! Its so hard to see my Grandma like this and i am having memories continuously through out the day, BUT it is very humbling and sweet to take care of her! She will be so excited to see her husband (my GRANDPA who passed away in January 2006) and other family members in heaven- But it is hard to let go on this side! I love her very much and I am thankful for this time to be with her- and i am very thankful for all the memories i have of her and for the knowledge of this amazing gospel in our lives!
Thanks to everyone praying on her and/or our behalf! it is very appreciated!
I am just THANKFUL!
6 comments:
Sweet post Emily! And thank you for all you are doing to help Grandma!
What a great post.. I appreciate hearing these words from you. You are doing a great job as a wife, mother, daughter, sister and grand daughter.
Love you!
That is such a sweet picture of Mary with your Grandma!! what a treasure. Glad you were able to be with her when she passed away and the days leading up to it.
Take care of yourself!!!
Katie
great post Emi. Your grandma and Mary look cute together. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I am sure more to come about her life, right?
Thanks for this sweet post Emily! It was really hard to hear that she isn't being herself and that her life was coming to an end. But I know where she is now and I couldn't be happier for her. I will miss her!
You have a wonderful testimony. And you are so sweet to have taken care of her during her final days.
Post a Comment