Will had surgery Thursday- he had a Meniscus repair and a Lateral Release of the Patella (knee cap) The surgery went well and there were some awesome pics taken during surgery- Will has done quite well on the recovery as long as he keeps up on the pain meds! Sunday we were able to take off all bandages and let him shower! These pics are before we cleaned it up- (sorry if they are graphic) Its very interesting to see- his knee is so swollen- and his knee cap is actually where its supposed to be rather than off to the side! CRAZY! I may scan the photos the surgeon gave me of how his knee cap was! I am so glad everything went well and I hope his recovery continues to do well!
(in the photo above was the first time he bent his knee in 3 days!)
4 comments:
Hope he heals super fast!
those pictures look so painful!! poor guy! keep up the drugs Will!!!
Glad surgery and recovery are going well! And his leg looks disgusting! You are doing a good job of taking care of him!
His leg is looking really good. My mom and sister have each had four knee surgeries, and my other sister had one surgery, so I've seen my fair share of mangled knees. I hope he continues to recover well. I notice that my family members get snippy when it's time to wean off the pain meds. Pain = grumpy. :) Be warned.
Post a Comment