Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving!

We had a YUMMY Thanksgiving! This year my favorite dish was the Sweet potatoes!! They are sooo yummy! I will post the recipe for anyone that cares! haha

This year we had dinner at my parents! Seth, Rach and fam came up. And my Aunt Lana and Aunt Karen (my Dad's sisters) came up as well! We had a lot of fun eating, playing games, watching home videos, watching movies, etc...

I didnt take a lot of pictures- but here are the few i did take!

The lovely dinner table!

Lindsey, Brooke, and Karen

Lana and Karen stayed in a hotel- and we went swimming there every night- (mary and i didnt the last night) Here is Megan and Mary when they first got in! Our little fishies!

Mary swimming- right after this she realized she wasn't able to touch the bottom- and flipped out a little but! (Can't wait for swimming lessons next summer!!!)

Brooke's first time swimming!

She didnt know what to think about it-- but then warmed up and loved it!

Rachel and her girls! ( they all look like clones to me!)



Pretty sad thats all the pics I took! hahaha Thanksgiving Day we watched 17 Again - Such a good show!
At dinner we rolled a di- and whatever number we got is how many things we got to name that we are thankful for! It was very fun!

Now for the THANKSGIVING part:
(here is a few things I am grateful for!)
  • My Husband! Will is such a hard worker and does what he can to provide for out little family! I love him and I am thankful that I am sealed to him for time and eternity! I have fun with him and I love him VERY MUCH! He is my best friend. "Life with you makes perfect sense- you're my best friend!"
  • MARY! I am soooo thankful for her! I know i say this a lot, but it is true! SHE IS SUCH A MIRACLE! She is a light in my life and makes me so happy! I really dont know what I would do without her and our relationship is so strong! We are best friends and I am so thankful for her sweet, spunky, full of attitude personality and makes Will and I so happy!
  • My parents! They are my heroes! They have taught me so much and are such great examples to me and I am very grateful for all they do for me and my little family!
  • My in-laws! I am thankful for Will's parents and the great relationship we have. I am grateful for what they do as well for our little family!
  • My siblings- (including in-laws)!! I love them and always have a great time when I am with them- I have learned from each of them and are very grateful for them and their examples!
  • My nieces and nephews!
  • The Temple and the blessings that come from that and the wonderful feeling when I go! and the knowledge of ETERNAL LIFE!
  • The gospel- the knowledge of life after death!!!
  • and last but DEFINITELY not least: My Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ! I am so grateful for the atonement and the resurrection. For the sacrifice Christ went through for each and every one of us - THEY LOVE US and KNOW US PERSONALLY and I am so grateful for that knowledge and testimony!
Hope you all had a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

2 comments:

Hills said...

Nice Thanksgiving post! Pretty table! Jealous of the swimming, Woods would love that! Love turkey and my fave was the sweet potatoes too!

Kar said...

Ooh, I love those plates! So pretty!! I'm so jealous of little Brooke's chub. I need to fatten up my little man.