oh man... what a week- First off last Thursday I had another painful episode- the 6th since Mary was born- I decided I had - had enough and had Will take me to the ER- It turns out i have several stones in my gall bladder- so i am going to need surgery to remove that! But i had an appointment today with the Ear Nose & Throat Doc today and so - my gall bladder dr wanted to wait to schedule until I had talked to the thyroid doc! I have had a problem with my thyroid since i was 16! Its very enlarged too- and has only gotten bigger! I have gotten bigger- and i have been feeling sluggier!!!! I haven't felt "great" in a long time! So i am getting my thyroid and my gall bladder out at the same time- scheduled for April 24th and i am soooo scared!!!! I have never had surgery before! They say i will be in the hospital AT LEAST 3-5 days! My thyroid is so enlarge ( and very uncomfortable! ) the part that goes across the trachea is SUPPOSED to be 2 mm and mine measure 9 mm! So my thyroid is at LEAST THREE time larger than its supposed to be! DISGUSTING!
This picture is what your thyroid is supposed to looks like! It is a butterfly shaped organ that surronds the trachea!

11 comments:
Hang in there Emi! I will be thinking of you and praying for you! It will be fine!!! I wish I was there for ya!
Goodluck with the surgery! We will be thinking of you!
Just think how much better you'll feel after the surgery. You'll do fine. We'll keep you in our prayers. Let us know if we can do anything to help...seriously!
Oh man! That is scary, but you are doing what you need to do to be happy and healthy! My mom has had thyroid problems her entire life, and they are not fun. Better to take care of them while you are young! Good luck and let me know if you need anything, I am just a phone call away!
It is actually almost 5 times larger...about 4 1/2...thats crazy Em! Good luck and you are in my prayers, I will be in Rexburg but I can always find a way down. Love ya!
You will do great!! It will be wonderful to feel good, won't it? I will be thinking about you too. Who will take care of Mary?
Good luck! I bet everything will be okay. At least the pain will be gone right?
Ouch! No fun at all. Our prayers will be with you. Here is a way to help calm your nerves... read everything about talk to other and educate your self. It sounds like you know some already! Knowledge is power! Good Luck!
Wow Em, You have a lot of people who love you and will be praying for you! You will do fine.
Love you!!!
Wow Emo! Wow! That is a big thyroid!
Emily, I'm sorry you have to have surgery. You will do awesome! I bet it will be nice to feel better again. I'm sorry you are so miserable right now. Good Luck!
Post a Comment