Charles E. Jefferson says
Gratitude is born in hearts that take time to count up past mercies.
Gratitude is born in hearts that take time to count up past mercies.

I am so excited for Thanksgiving and all that comes with it! Food, family, memories, leftovers, the holidays to follow, etc...
It would take me FOREVER to name every single person in my life- but I love and am very thankful for my friends, cousins, aunts, Grandmas, ward members, family, etc... But i want to say something about each of my immediate family members and why i am thankful for them!!!!
MY PARENTS: Mom- You are such a selfless, peacemaker, and loving Mother! You have been such a great example to me and I am so thankful for how close we are and our friendship!! You are one of my best friends! Dad: You have taught me so much and I am so thankful for your teaching skills! You are a GREAT teacher and i am thinking about in the past when you would talk with me and draw diagrams and you always make sure we understand! And I love the poem you wrote me! I really love it and cherish the words of that poem!!!
Thank you parents for EVERYTHING you do for me and my little family!
Ryan- You amaze me everyday with how out doorsy you are! You are such an adventure man and not afraid to do things you dream for! Thats quite the example!
ANJAY- (angie) You are such a sweet, thoughtful sister! I love when i can hang out with you! You and I are a lot alike and i love the memories and fun we have with eachother! You are so fun and a great example to me!!!
WOODS- Little man In The Land! I love this little boy! He is so energetic and a total blast to watch! He is a hoot- and everything we pictured him as!!
My bother Brian! I miss this guy! He has always lived near us in Idaho Falls and then he moved away in January and now lives in NEW MEXICO! He is so much fun to hang out with and i will always remember the Pinochle games, 24 Watching, and all the other stuff we did!
.jpg)
Shaleena is so much fun and energetic and is always wanting to have a good time! I envy her energy amd miss her asking to play games ( i may say no- but i miss her saying it hahaha) I have so many fond memories with her like going an milking cows with her- i even fell in a manure pit! yuck! and sleeping over at their house and she would make YUMMY food!! Shaleena is a GREAT cook and oh do i miss her!!!
Sweet Katelynn! She is such an angel! She is so grown up in her attitude and has great common sense! she is so sweet to everyone and very thoughtful!Mary loves looking at her picture and says ka ka!
Now this lil' tiger is HILARIOUS! Dan Man! He is such a goof and always has something mischievous going on! But when he smiles that dimple in his cheek melts your heart!!!!
.jpg)
Seth a roo! He is such a great bro and i really look up to him and his hard work! I always have so much fun when i go to Utah cause Seth will always make sure we have the right "junk" food around and if there i not enough ice cream or we want Little Ceasers - off to the store he goes! Seth is a great guy!
RACHEL! Rachel is such a wonderful sister to have and someone you can lean on! she is such a great example in everything! She and I have many many memories together- working at Legacy, dinners at each others house, family nights together, and many many more! Rach you are a great Mother and i really admire you and your patience!
Taya le Bella She is such a funny little girl! She loved when i was pregnant and constantly wanted to feel Mary and see my belly and was just very cute! She is so energetic and has her own strong stubborn attitude! But ya gotta love her! and I do!
Megsy is a sweetheart! out of the three babies she is the quiet, vulnerable, sensitive, sweet one, but has her stinker moments! She melted my heart last time i saw her cause she wanted me to hold her a lot and she would say EMI! so so cute!
Brandon - the man with the plan with the muscles!!! Now he is a stud! I love this man and he is the biggest example of Christlike love! He is such a good brother and i am so thankful for what he is teaching and has taught our family!
.jpg)
Lyner! I love this picture of her! she is so cute and photogenic! Lindsey is the one that is the closest to me in age and we were the best friends as little girls! we were ruthless to eachother but we were the best of friends! I love the memories i have with her as well like right after i had Mary, and you are such a great Aunt!
Aubrey is the Aunt everyone loves and wants all the time! She is the POPULAR aunt! she is so good with kids and i am just so proud of Aubrey and all the hard work she does! She is graduating this year which i CAN NOT believe! It seems like Yesterday she was watching Barney with her little white blankey!

Jeff and Tami! Jeff does everything he can for his family! He is such a great man and hard worker! Tami is so much fun and very east to talk to! I appreciate everything they do for us and our family!
.jpg)
Jeremy, April, Abi, and Micah- I have so many fond memories of them as well! I had so much fun when i went up to their house a couple years ago and we hung out and played games like Karaoke! I don't get to hang out with them as much as i would like but when i do i cherish it!
Corey, Joee, Marcus, Austin ( i have no pic with Austin) Anyway Corey and Joee know how to party!! I always have a good time when they are involved! They are easy to talk to and i know i can go to them for anything!
Josh- Mary has loved Josh from the beginning! It is crazy the bond they have! I am proud of Josh and all the hard work he does out working in the oil rigs in Wyoming! and that he does that to support his family that he has to be away from 2 weeks at a time!
.jpg)
Jessy! Jessy has been my best friend since i was 8! We always joked that we would be SIL's ( sister in laws) She and i have gone way back - and i am so happy that we are so close and go and do these with eachother!
Hunter- This is my little Handsome Hyde! I ADORE this lil' boy and he makes me so happy with all his little smiles!
Kenney- I honestly can't remember the last time i hung out with him and i hope he is doing good and on the right path! He is a good kid!
Chad! Him and Mary are to VERY VERY close! She LOVES her Uncle Chad! He is such a great kid and helps Will and I out a lot and though it may not seem like it- we appreciate him more than he will ever know!
Terry- It has been very good to see him so much lately and its so nice to get to know him and see him interact with Mary! She loves her Grandpa Empey as long as those teeth stay in!
Brooklyn- Well we son't see much of her but when we do her and Mary have fun together and Brooklyn can really get her laughing!
MY HUSBAND! Will i am so thankful for you and all you do for our family! You work so hard and do your best to do whats best for all of us! You are such a great father and i love watching the bond between you and Mary! I love hearing your stories and testimony about your mission! You are a great man and a very hard worker and i admire you! "Life with you makes perfect sense- you're my best friend!" I love you

Mary Mary!! SHE is my world!!! I love this sweet little girl so much and she is the biggest blessing in my life! Her and Will are the loves of my life and I couldn't be happier!
I am so thankful for my little family and for the knowledge of Eternal families which brings me to:
I am so thankful for the temple and all the blessing that come with that! I have tried really hard lately to attend more often! I have done well and have felt the spirit and blessings!!
I am thankful for the holidays and for the opportunity to be with my family and the ones i love! I appreciate all of them that i mentioned and i am so thankful for those not mentioned!
Have a happy Thanksgiving!!!

6 comments:
Emily, that was so fun to read! You are so sweet, thanks!
Good job Emily.. that is a great blog. Lots of time and thought went into that one. So much fun to read.
Love you Em!!!
Yay, thanks Em. You are so nice! Good job getting everyone in there! Happy Thanksgiving!
Wow Em. That is amazing! Great post. You are a fantastic sister and friend.
That was very nice and sweet Emo! Thanks!! I love you!
I love reading about your family. You are so considerate. And I love that you consider in-laws and neices and nephews as members of your "immediate family." That is how it is when we marry. The in-laws and kids all become part of the family. I have a sister that needs to learn that... :)
Post a Comment