Friday, April 24, 2009
Emily's Surgery
Emily went in for surgery around 7:00 this morning and had her gall bladder and thyroid taken out. According to the first surgeon her gall bladder went very well without any complications. The other surgeon reported that her thyroid was approximately the size of two hamburger patties side by side, when it should only be the size of two quarters side by side. It had rapped itself around her artery, throat and had even started to grow down towards her chest. He could not tell whether it was cancerous or not. As they always do, a pathologist will look at her thyroid and we should find out in 2 weeks. During her recovery she quit breathing so they are trying to keep her from being so sedated which means that she can't have as much pain medications as they would like, so she is in a lot of pain and has difficulty talking. If you had planned on visiting her she is in room 333 at EIRMC, it would probably be best to wait until Saturday afternoon as she is in a lot of pain right now and is pretty sedated. We really appreciate all the prayers and support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh poor Emily! I hope she recovers well. It sounds painful and miserable!
Hope things go well. Please keep updating! Love you Em!
I'm sorry to hear Em is in a lot of pain, but glad to hear things went well in the surgery. Tell her to keep being strong! She is in my prayers!
I am glad she is ok I hope the pain gets better soon. Tell her I am thinking of her. Thanks Jennifer Shirts
Post a Comment