Thursday, February 12, 2009

TEETHING BABY?????

I think Mary is teething- nothing seems to be taking away her pain!! We are using tylenol, orajel, teething rings, cold bottles, and we even tried frozen waffles! This helps a little but she seems to be in soooooo much pain- Is teething for a baby like menstrual cramps??Completely Helpless??? If so- is there something for me so my heart doesn't completely break? My poor little girl!!! Any suggestions????

5 comments:

Audra said...

What I found that offered instant yet short-lived relief is Teething Tablets. You can buy them at Wal-mart in the pharmacy section. Just ask the person working the counter. They are homeopathic. I put three or four on her gums and they seem to really help. Plus she loved to play with the bottle. Good luck. She might be old enough for infants Motrin. It is stronger than Tylenol, I give it to Kate with food, not on an empty stomach.

Devin and Megan said...

Teething tablets made wonders for my Daughter! Also my pediatrician said switch Tylenol and ibuprofen evrey two hours! That may seem like a lot, but it takes the edge off!

Kar said...

Oh, you poor girl. I echo Audra - teething tablets have helped my kids.

Kristen said...

I think I mentioned this already, but I loved the teething tablets as well. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

oohh! Poor Mary and you too Emily! Brynnan had a hard time teething too, but he would suck on his pacifier and I think that helped him. He also love the orajel stuff so I'm not much help. I've heard some people suggest wetting a wash cloth and wipe it back and forth on her gums. It's temporary relief, but might help some.